Welcome
Welcome to kangertech

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Kangertech Clapton OCC .5ohm coils.

Kangertech Clapton OCC .5ohm coils.

Postby dieboy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:25 am

Just ordered a couple boxes of these coils from myfreedomsmokes a few weeks ago. Got around to using them this week.

History: Been using Clapton OCC .5's from Kanger daily, since april of last year. I have never had an issue with them. I use the same juice over and over, with the small exception of trying something different. Say 90%/10% "normal" juice to "sample" juice. I always use the same wattage for the most part. I've always been happy with the clapton coils, and they last a week and a half normally.

What's happening out of the blue:
Coil is lasting maybe two days. All from same box (3 coils in 6 days). It's pretty crappy, though I won't complain about a lost 30 bucks in coils. But i'm worried if I order more and they are the same, i'll have to find a new type of coil.

What i've tried:
Adjusting wattage down. Adding a drip or two of vodka to thin my juice (even though i've used the same juice for a long time, mix my own). Let them soak in juice for a day. Nothing works, always burnt cotton after two days of use.

So, my question, has anyone else come to you with this issue, is there a known batch of bad coils recently? Wrapping back to what i'm concerned with, if I order more boxes (I usually order 5 or more at at time, four times a year or so, thank fully I had only ordered 2 this last time) will I get another box of junk coils?
dieboy

Re: Kangertech Clapton OCC .5ohm coils.

Postby kangertech » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:23 pm

The coil burnt maybe the wattage setting,the vg\pg ratio of your juice and sweety juice,please advise yours.
kangertech
Site Admin

Postby dieboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:35 am

Kanger Top tank and box.

Juice is same as I've used since May of 2016, same mix, every time. I do my own, so I know it doesn't vary. I make a close clone of Gemini Enter the Dragon. Probably 85vg/15pg if I were to guess.

Been using Kanger Claptop coils since April of this last year also.

Wattage never moves from 20.5w.

As I mentioned, I'm a creature of habit, and can't get a grip on why i've burnt through 4 outta 5 coils in a matter of just over a week.

I've tried another box (same kanger model, just bought like 3 of them to have on hand just in case). Tried a different tank. Tried lowering wattage a hair/raising +/- maybe 3 watts tops. I even opened up a new battery just in case.

The only "X" factor is the coils, which I order (and the only thing that gets changed out every 14ish days), so I'd find it hard to believe the coils I got are not just junk plain and simple.

The coils I got in august performed perfectly, and in april (like i mentioned, I order about four packs a shot). They tasted great, and lasted almost two weeks each. Now I have two more unopened boxes of coils, that will most likely be junk also.

All I really want to know is if these are worth ordering anymore, I really enjoyed them. It seems like something changed with either the manufacturing process or quality control.
dieboy

Postby kangertech » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Please change the juice and reduce the wattage setting ,as high wattage setting and vg ratio is easy to have a burnt taste.
kangertech
Site Admin

Postby william » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:57 am

Depends where you purchased the coils from , Last year I got coils through ebay , turned out they where crap didnt even get a day out of them ,so I switched to Amazon checked the dealer was good and sent for them never had a bad coil since . like everything else you get fake copies
william

Postby ward1057@msn.com » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 am

Yes ,I have also just recently experienced the same exact thing on 4 boxes of coils .The occ 1.2 ohms.I usually get the 0.05 ohms .not that the ohms should make a difference.I ad also bought 4 liter jug of vg and a 1 liter of pg and my regular flavorings along with a couple new ones to try.I too,mix my own for like 3 and 1 half years .The mix is 5-vg 35 pg for one batch of friends and 80 vg 20 pg for others.I had bought a couple liter;s of nic few months ago.So I mix and ready to get puffin and wow 3rd or 4th pull ,really strong burnt flavor enough too gag ya.I thought my wattage must of been on a 100 ,it was that bad .I usually vape at 20and even 30 watts ,depending on how ya feel right .Butt my mod was only at 20 watts.Ay way ,ya too make a very long story of process of elimination ,thinking maybe it could be one of the new jugs of vg or pg or even the flavoring. I went to a local smoke shop ,I bought 1 single coil and brought home proceeded to change and put some of my brand new,(only steeped about 3 days) but should not matter right ! So I juiced the coil and 3 minutes 5 minutes ,Tried and puffed and puffed and puffed and WALA , NOT the vg,pg,or flavorings and not the nic .So the common denominator is the new coils .I always buy my do it yourself products at the same place I will not mention the name at this time ,How ever if not dealt with the right solution, Then the cat comes out of the bag, so to speak .We have been playing phone tag ,and have not answered my email. So any way, never had this problem before ,other than a bad coil every once in a while over the last 3 and a half years .....PS., My daughter puffs the same flavor same Kanger tech plus, and she also has the same issue .Oh, and the other clue as to leaning to the coils as the problem, is the base does not tighten down properly ,because you can actually spin the glass ,its like really loose , that was really my first clue ,and I was told that beings the tank was bought over a year ago, I should probably update my tank
Ya, the tank that they Still make replacement coils for and the same coils I have been using since the Kanger tech plus, sub ohm tank Thanks steve
ward1057@msn.com

Postby kangertech » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:08 pm

You usa the occ1.2ohm coil with 20w,please try to reduce the wattage setting test it .
kangertech
Site Admin

Return to Atomizer