Welcome
Welcome to kangertech

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Aerotank Plus Leaking Like Crazy

Aerotank Plus Leaking Like Crazy

Postby Mike A » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:11 am

Great tank but it starts leaking for no apparent reason at times. Seems to be coming from the vent holes and then down under the ring to under the tank. Not related to filling. Will work fine for a while usually then just starts leaking all over. I've checked and changed the coil (SSOCC 1.8 which came with it and 1.5 replacements). Tried screwing it in tighter and less tight. Seems to be leaking through the gasket for the coil since there's juice under when changing.

Any suggestions?
Mike A

Re: Aerotank Plus Leaking Like Crazy

Postby kangertech » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Please check the seal ring is perfect and you assemble your tank tight.
Please change other coil test it .
Please clean the tank air flow base after a period of time.
kangertech
Site Admin

Postby william » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:43 am

Could be you are vaping at a low wattage and liquid is not burning off. or put paper tissue round the air hole and blow through should expel excess fluid
william

Postby Mike A » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Unfortunately not that simple. I've tried just about everything without much success. Seems to be just a basic design problem where, for whatever reason, I think that it loses whatever internal pressure differential required to keep it from leaking and then drips out from the vent holes. It's not the coil, gaskets, tightening, etc. Doesn't seem to matter what viscosity of juice. It will work great at all other times with no leaking. But at some point, say typically about 1/4 into a new tank full, it will begin to drip out of the vent holes. Not just a little like condensation or incidental leakage. It will literally pool under and run down the side of my mod and if I tip it toward the vent hole it will drip out. Typically probably 1/4 - 1/2 ml or more. I'll wipe up the mess and once it stops it will be perfectly fine again through the rest of the tank. No leakage at all before or after.

Unfortunate since it really is a great little tank otherwise. Never floods or gurgles. Never spits. Absolutely GREAT flavor. Draw is good for an MTL tank. Which is the only reason that I've continued to mess with it but I'm about ready to give up on it at this point.

Are there any other MTL-type tanks that Kanger makes which use these same coils and is top-fill without vent holes at the bottom? I'd be fine with larger capacity.
Mike A

Postby kangertech » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:56 pm

If you want no sir flow at the bottom,you can try the cltank or all in one device cupti ,togo mini .
kangertech
Site Admin

Return to Clearomizer